CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dane

Dane is really very, VERY good at being two. I'm pretty sure he has perfected the art, in fact. Though he did get a headstart with practicing before his 2nd birthday, he has become a master at it since.

Much to Brock's dismay, he loves finding my makeup and practicing his artistic skills.
"What?!? I'm just "making something" here. Oh, that mess on the floor? No idea."

Lipglass does wonders for your complexion, don't you know? You should try it sometime.

Despite all of his shenanigans, he really is my best little buddy. I adore him, and am so grateful to have such a bundle of energy around to keep things interesting. I'll tell you what, there is NO chance of getting bored around here. No sirree.

Just a few things I love about my little muncher-roo:

-He loves to build "bridges" these days, and wants me to sit and build them with him.
I love that he wants to play with me.

-He loves to read a million books a day, and his favorite question (even when he absolutely knows the answer) is "What's that?" or "What are they doing?"

-The other night, I put him and Campbell to bed, and I usually give Campbell the last kiss before I leave the room, but this time I didn't, and he was adamant that I not leave the room before I gave her a kiss. This morning was the same story when Brock left for work. Bell was sleeping, so Brock didn't want to wake her, and Dane had me get Brock back inside to give her a kiss.
He is always looking out for his little sister, and he loves her so much!

-When he wakes up, he comes and lays down on the floor by the door, so he can see out under the crack, and says, "Mommy, I awake. Come 'ere an' open the door, meeeee."
I love it.

-When going to bed at night, he LOVES to be sung to, and is constantly requesting "Last more song."
I tell you, it's hard to resist.

-He has picked up on the fact that I do NOT like spiders. So he brings them up every chance he gets, just to see my reaction. "Mommy, I eat spiders." "Mommy, I like spiders." "Mommy, draw a spider." He'll find them in any book he can, and say, "Mommy, look!"
He is such a funny kid!

-No one can make sister laugh like her big brother. No one.

5 comments:

Illumine said...

Haha, Dane is such a fun, adorable little menace! And I love Love LOVE Campbell's laugh. But, seriously, Dane really needs to get over his spider fetish, because "i not like it" /shudder :)

The Schaefermeyer Family! said...

Oh Love it! So my life with my little 2 year old as well. In fact tonight as I was making dinner I thought he got the cookie cuts out like he generally does to play with when I am cooking dinner, but when I looked down he actually had grabbed the brown sugar and had dumped it and told me he was playing in the sand...goodness! Gotta love em!

Kamille said...

There is nothing cuter than baby laughs. I don't care how ornery you are, a baby's laughter will break through that nastiness. She's got a good little laugh. And I guess Dane, your little protector, is pretty darn cute, too.

candicetheresa said...

Oh man that kid makes me laugh!! This post was awesome!

Em said...

This is adorable!

...And with a voice like yours, it's no wonder he requests last more song!